The Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association
Why Choose a SPATA Member?
When choosing your new swimming pool;
- You want it to look right.
- You want it to be technically well-designed
- You want a hassle-free installation
- You want a great investment, at the right price.
At Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association (SPATA) – there are approximately 175 swimming pool companies in the UK, Ireland and overseas that may be able to provide the services that you require. They include: Contractors, Designers, Service Engineers, Trade Suppliers, and Retailers of pool equipment and ancillaries. The benefits of using a SPATA member are clear:
- The association has an internationally-respected reputation for quality
- Works with other industry bodies to set standards
- Members work to industry standards abide by a Code of Ethics
- Customers – whether domestic, or commercial – can find the right supplier
- Creating a swimming pool demands a wide range of specialist skills.
- A well-installed pool provides years of healthy pleasure – and a healthy increase in the value of your property, as well.
- To have a trouble-free installation, it is essential to select a reputable supplier.
- Members SPATA have to meet minimum criteria before they are accepted into membership.
- SPATA sets standards governing the construction and operation of pools, spas, saunas and steam rooms – our members have to follow these.
- Pool contractor members’ work is inspected before they can join, and periodically re-inspected afterwards. We look at the standards of their work and their trading ethics.
- SPATA has member companies that design, install, equip and maintain domestic and commercial swimming pools, throughout the UK and Ireland. Their combined annual turnover exceeds £200 million.
SPATA works for the industry and its customers. Our services include:
- Register of Members. Find details of pool contractors in your area.
- Customer Information Packs. These include a series of free factsheets including a Contract Checklist – questions you should ask any potential supplier – or when to engage a designer to plan and manage the project.
- Technical advice, for both members and customers.
- Water Treatment Training Courses: These are available to members and non-members. Click here to view the full syllabus.
- Dispute Resolution, including a Stakeholder facility to safeguard contract money for both parties.
- SPATEX the leading exhibition for pool trade professionals.
- SpataShield. This insurance scheme expired on the 31st May 2013 and contracts entered into after this date can not obtain a valid Bond Certificate. It is hoped to discuss the possibility of a replacement scheme.