SPATA: dedicated to excellence
SPATA – the Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association – is a member of BSPF, the British Swimming Pool Federation and of EUSA, the European Union of Swimming Pool and Spa Associations.
- Creating a swimming pool demands a wide range of specialist skills.
- A well-installed pool provides years of healthy pleasure – and a healthy increase in the value of your property, as well.
- To have a trouble-free installation, it is essential to select a reputable supplier.
- Members of the Swimming Pool and Allied Trades Association – SPATA – have to meet minimum criteria before they are accepted into membership.
- SPATA sets standards governing the construction and operation of pools, spas, saunas and steam rooms – our members have to follow these.
- Pool contractor members’ work is inspected before they can join, and periodically re-inspected afterwards. We look at the standards of their work and their trading ethics.
- SPATA has member companies that design, install equip and maintain domestic and commercial swimming pools, throughout the UK and Ireland.
Their combined annual turnover exceeds £200 million.
SPATA works for the industry and its customers.
Our services include:
- Register of Members. Find details of pool contractors in your area.
- Customer Information Packs. These include a series of free factsheets including a Contract Checklist – questions you should ask any potential supplier – or when to engage a designer to plan and manage the project.
- Technical advice, for both members and customers.
- Water Treatment Training Courses: These are available to members and non-members. Click here to view the full syllabus.
- Dispute Resolution, including a Stakeholder facility to safeguard contract money for both parties.
- SPATEX the leading exhibition for pool trade professionals.
- SpataShield. This scheme protects domestic customers, holding a valid signed Bond Certificate against the unforeseen business failure of a member – for further details please see the “Relax” leaflet. It can only be offered by Full SPATA contractor members. They are listed in the member finder section as “Pool Installers”. Bonds are issued on behalf of SPATA pool builders by Weald Insurance Brokers Ltd. As a customer you will also need a SpataShield Activation Form which will be given to you by a Full SPATA contractor member. For full terms and conditions, and to find out more about the scheme please contact Weald Insurance Brokers Ltd, Falcon House, Black Eagle Square, Westerham, TN16 1SE or on 01959 565678